My book recommendations for programmers and software developers.
Programming in the small
On how to name things, how to split things into modules, etc. I especially recommend these books to intermediate-level programmers, but experts will enjoy these as well.
- Elements of Clojure by Zachary Tellman.
- A Philosophy of Software Design by John Ousterhout.
I recommend this for anyone who designs architectures with databases.
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Martin Kleppmann. A look into all the big decisions that go into choosing or implementing a database.
Management of software development
- The Manager's Path by Camille Fournier. A guide through all the levels of management from mentoring an intern to the C-level.
- Resilient Management by Lara Hogan. Pratical advice on communication, 1:1s, etc.